Saturday, November 14, 2009

5 Other Lives

I read a post on a blog I follow and I loved it. I've talked about several of these with Steve ... things I think I'd enjoy doing, so this post was perfect.

What would you do if you had 5 other lives to lead?

Me? ... (I tried to come up with pictures for all of these ... but just wasn't having luck, so you just get words!)

1 - Graphic Designer - I do some very basic design work now but I'd love to be able to REALLY do it well ... to do a lot more than I'm capable of

2 - Corporate event planner - I probably should have put this one as #1 ... I think it would be so much fun to coordinate big events ... corporate reward trips, holiday parties, launch parties, team building events, marketing events. I love the thrill of a big challenge and then seeing it all come together. I love being the "behind the scenes" person that makes it all happen. Plus, what a fun perk to be able to go places, try things for upcoming events and do it with someone else's money. Hopefully, many of you will think I could do a good job at this one (think "BLOCK PARTY: and our Christmas party). :) Sorry though - there is no Christmas party this year. Just can't do it emotionally, mentally or financially right now.

3 - Coordinator for a humanitarian group or charity - I LOVE the thrill of helping others and seeing the work of so many people coming together. I can TOTALLY lose myself in a project and I would love to be involved in responding to disasters or coordinating needs for a disaster. And I would even of course (see #2 above) love coordinating fund raising events or volunteer trainings.
4 - Public speaker - I think this one is probably the most out-of-character for me... I usually like doing the behind the scenes stuff. I'd love to be able to teach through public speaking ... maybe to influece lives in some way. I wouldn't mind doing trainings or motivational ... AND I'd love to be able to captivate and entertain people.

5 - Family history research/writer - I love learning the stories behind the family geneology. I actually took several family history classes and loved them all. BUT, I don't have time to lose myself in this like I tend to do when I get involved in a project, so this is something I hope to do later in life.

and a bonus #6 ... I'd love to just study sociology. Steve and I love to people watch and try to guess what people are thinking and why. I'd like to understand more of the sociology and psychology that affects our world. :) And this would include world sociology so of course I'd be a world-traveler, studying, experiencing, understanding other cultures and people.

Hopefully, someday I'll be able to mark several of these off my list ... I think I can do several of them in my lifetime, and I look forward to that!

Leave a comment and tell me one or more of your "other lives!" :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I like this list. I'm actually 2 of those things already, and my new calling forces me to be another one. And, as the wife of a psychologist, I consider myself a psuedo-expert in psychology. :)