I'm trying to STRETCH this Disney trip to be under the tree on Christmas morning since this is probably most of what they will be getting (if not all) ... so I came up with an idea for autograph books. Since they are about $7 at the Disney Store online, I'm guessing they will be at least that much at the park. I'm also I'm guessing the kids will want to get autographs when they see others doing it. Plus, autograph books are kind of useless after you get them signed. They aren't that fun to look at. So, I decided I'd make an autograph book for each of my girls that I can turn into a scrapbook after we get home (without them knowing and then put under the tree).
I'm printing this all at home on white cardstock. Of course, each girls' book is customized with their name and picture.
I'm printing this all at home on white cardstock. Of course, each girls' book is customized with their name and picture.

The autograph pages (inside) will be just the black Mickey border - nothing else. Had to keep it simple for time and money right now. I'll put a plastic cover over the front and back for durability and then do the comb binding (I have a machine that does it - so it won't cost me anything - and since it only has to last the trip and a few additional days, I don't care if it doesn't hold up). It will be 8x8 size (plus room for binding).
When we get home, I'm going to sneak them out of their rooms, cut off the binding portion of the page and add pictures of them with each character and put them in albums I bought several years ago and have never used. If money is better by then and I have time, I might scrapbook some additional pages of other pictures highlighting their trip for the back of the book - and print those at Costco but if not, I can always add those later.
Now my question is ... any idea how many autographs we'll get during 8 days at WDW? Hmmmmm..... Anyone been recently (or know anyone who has) and done autographs? I've done some research and there are about 40 characters that appear basically ALL the time and another 20-25 that appear frequently and are fairly easy to see. Plus another 30 that show up from time-to-time. I've heard that a lot of characters come out for the Very Merry Christmas Party, which we have tickets for. .... HELP???
2 comments:
If you are persistent with autographs you are likely to get all 40 (or more). Although we have never been to FL, on one trip to Disneyland we tried to get all the autographs we could and I think we had between 15-20.
I went to WDW when I was 12. We bought the autograph books there and I filled it halfway through the trip. We were only there for 5 days. I suggest you make a lot of the pages so they can get all they want. I didn't get all that we saw because our books were full. Hope you have a great time.
Post a Comment