I am friends on facebook with a school teacher I had in high school. She taught business classes and I spent a lot of time with her because I was a state officer for FBLA and she was my FBLA adviser. We even did a few trips together. I'll never forget having a tire blow out on her car and some SCARY looking stranger offering to help us (we were both in heels and skirts standing beside the road trying to figure out what to do!). He turned out to be a nice guy, so all was well, but she and I were both pretty nervous. We also spent a lot of time in her office at school working on newsletters ... kind of funny since that is one of the things my business does now. I learned a lot from her, more than she probably realizes. Anyway, she has a quilting blog and so I went to check it out today. I loved the quote she had at the top and wanted to share it!
Don't cry because its over,
Smile because it happened!
I loved it. I'm going to remember that to tell my children when its time to go home from somewhere fun and they start to cry or throw a fit. What a good view of things! And it even applies right now for me ... I need to smile because SOOO many good things have happened in my life and we have been richly blessed, despite our current trials. So today, my goal is to smile because so much good has happened (and I'm really thinking about some of the specific good things that have happened - but not listing them) and not cry! Wish you all a happy day!
1 comment:
LOVE the quote--keep holding on! You're in my prayers!
Post a Comment