Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! We had a really nice day.

On Tuesday (the last day of school before Thanksgiving), Taylor's class had a Thanksgiving Feast. Since I'm the room mom, I get to go to all the fun parties. Jessica got to go with me since it was after her class had ended. We read a story and then they played hot pumpkin (pass the pumpkin). As each person got caught with the pumpkin when the music stopped, they got up to get their food. Taylor was the LAST person in the circle!! They had quite a variety of finger foods, but Taylor chose only pretzels and Wheat Thins (and a cookie)! She also made sure Miss Crowton got a cookie and a big hug.

Its become a Lindsey and Henderson family tradition to have Thanksgiving dinner together at our house. I love it! 23 people, all at one big huge table in the basement with so much food you can't help being overstuffed! Its nice to not have to dash from one family to the other and its nice to host once in awhile. Dinner is followed by the annual preview of the Lindsey Christmas lights!

Credits: Turkey Day by Melissa Bennett - Sweet Shoppe Designs

Isn't this a fun bunch of kids - ranging from 15 to 3 in age. They did really well together and they all mixed well - both my side and Steve's. I'm grateful to have such fun neices and nephews - both here and away. (We sure miss the ones who don't live here!) The big kids did such a great job of playing with the little ones and everyone stayed happy.

Credits: With Thankful Hearts Kit by Chelle's Creations at www.Scrapmatters.com (who by the way is having a KILLER sale this weekend - Black Friday - everything 45% off, Sat is 40%, Sun is 35% and Monday is 30% plus some other specials). Wish Steve had an income 'cuz I'd be doing some serious shopping!

No comments: