Thursday, March 12, 2009

Something I like to do!

Back in the fall, I either posted about liking to do puzzles or told someone in an email ... don't remember which, but it reminded me I like to work jigsaw puzzles. I've loved it since I was a kid. In fact, one of my best (and only) memories with my grandfather on my mom's side is of working a puzzle. I had gone to visit my grandparents in Ohio with my mom, just the two of us. She had taken me out of school. While we were there, my grandparents took turns spoiling me. It was really cute. My grandma would buy me a piece of candy. My grandpa would buy me a BAG of candy. My grandma would buy me a soda. My grandpa would bring home several bottles of soda. My grandma bought me a puzzle, it was about a 25 or 30 piece puzzle. After I had worked it, my grandpa bought me a 100 piece Smurf puzzle and then helped me work it. I also remember him playing Tiddlywinks with me.

In 6th grade, I had one teacher for most of my classes (because I was in honors classes - 6th grade was middle school - not elementary like it is here). Anyway, she kept a puzzle on the back table. When we finished our work, had free time or breaks between classes, we were allowed to work on the puzzle. I loved working on it. I remember one that had the 7 wonders of the world on it and another that was covered with Coca-Cola bottles and memorabilia. It was TOUGH all those "coke" labels and so much red. She is my all-time favorite teacher too, she taught me A LOT about life and I think I learned a lot about the stuff in books too, so she was definitely doing something right! Thanks Ms. Airriess!

Anyway, last fall, I started working jigsaw puzzles again because I remembered how much I enjoy it. It really helps me unwind. Here are two I've done. The green in the second one really took me awhile. But I enjoyed it!

No comments: