That equals an almost perfect weekend!! Steve was just missing two things ... his comfy bed (we were on a queen size bunk bed and he's rather picky about his sleeping situation) BUT more importantly a flushing toilet! But other than that, it was perfect! : )
We went with 4 other couples (and two guys who came without their wives - 12 of us total) up to a friend's cabin for Valentine's Weekend. We had 5 snowmobiles and LOTS of snow to play in.
I haven't been snowmobiling since I was 12 and I've never been riding out in the open like we did. I don't have a lot of pictures of us out on the snowmobiles (because the possible camera damage to take them with us) but it was definitely my favorite thing. Flying down a trail at 60 miles an hour! Riding around in fresh powder! It was amazing, except when you get stuck - something I managed to do REALLY badly right at the end of our last ride. It took us about 30-45 minutes to dig my machine out ... it was buried in powder that had a slight crust on it so once it fell through, it really sunk in - deep! I was standing with my foot beside the bottom of the machine when we finished digging around it and the snow was almost waist deep. And I wasn't close to the ground. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun!
2 comments:
how fun! I want a cabin...sigh...maybe someday!
Looks like a lot fun, miss you guys!
Post a Comment