Oh, no! Not already! Alyssa got a note sent home this week because according to the "tattle note" in the "tattle box" she kissed someone on the lips. We aren't sure "who" the note was referring to as it was unsigned. Just said "Alyssa kissed me on the lips." Alyssa denies it 100% and I think I almost believe her ... but if you've read the post below, you know that sometimes she's very imaginative and that imagination sometimes causes her to forget things she doesn't want to get in trouble for and/or create stories to get out of the trouble that she knows will come... Anyway, I almost believe her because I asked if she had kissed Isaac ... the boy she has had a crush on the entire school year. She said "No, ... but I want to!" and then she grinned from ear to ear. HELP!! She's 8 1/2 and already wanting to kiss a boy! I did NOT start that young!! I was still a tom boy at that age, playing sports and threatening to beat the boys at whatever sport they were playing if they didn't let me play with them (and I would have beaten them too and they knew it, so I always got my way!). I don't think she actually kissed anyone this week ... I think the anonymous tattle note was made up by the writer but still ... she "wants" to!
Oh... and it gets better. Today, Jessica - yes my 4 year old Jessica - says, "mom, Zane says I'm his girrrrrl friend" with the emphasis on GIRL. I said, "oh, really? What do you think about that?" Her reply. "Yep, that's what he said. And I like it. I'm his girrrrl friend." PLEASE HELP!! And this is the same Jessica that just over a month ago REFUSED to let boys (Zane included) come to her birthday party despite encouragement from Alyssa and I. Go figure! Zane has older siblings - ones that ARE dating age, so I'm sure that is where it came from. I just wasn't ready for my sweet little Jess to be interested in boys! :)
Thankfully, I've got no story about Taylor and boys. She's still just interested in playing. Phew!
A little addition to this note ... Jessica talks about Zane as her boyfriend every time she mentions him. Steve told her Zane asked to play. He then asked, who is Zane. Jess replied "my BOY friend." When asked about a boyfriend, Taylor said "I don't have one and I don't want one! " You go girl!! :)
3 comments:
Wow! I don't knoiw how you do it with three GIRLS. The whole boys and kissing thing....I guess my days are numbered, my daughter Hally is 7 1/2.
Kylie had her first boyfriend and kiss in Kindergarten...ugh.
I am sooooo in the same boat...in fact I just did a post about it on my blog. If you want read it, I think that it MIGHT just work for you as well! LOL
It was so fun to see you guys on Saturday! I hope that you had fun, I know it can be wierd to be at a party where you don't know anyone else. But we are so glad that you guys came, I hope you come and play again!
Post a Comment