Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

Like most of my neighbors and friends in Utah, we went to the Draper Temple Open House. We missed our original appointment because I wrote it down wrong, so our opportunity to go was during the school day (shhhh....). I had planned to check my girls out and take them to lunch and then the Open House. BUT, Alyssa and Tay were both sick that morning, so they were home sick! I had them rest for the morning and we went in the afternoon. We enjoyed our time there and even bumped into Paul and Anne and their family (Paul was on the BYU drumline with Steve). Here are a few pictures from the day.



This was on the bus on the way back to the parking area.

Then we went back to outside the temple and took a few pictures.



Alyssa took this one.
The one Taylor took of me and Alyssa ... didn't turn out... nice try though!
Little story from this day ...
We were watching a video about temples and their purpose in the LDS religion. Jess was having a hard time staying quiet so I pointed at the screen and asked her who the painting was of. She said Jesus. I told her she was right. Then she suddenly said ... "Oh! Mom, I don't know Jesus's last name." And she looked at me waiting for me to tell her. I quietly told her we'd talk about it later. Later, Alyssa suggested that Christ was his last name. Taylor suggested, no it is Amen (think the ending of a prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.) Then later, Taylor told my mom that maybe it was Heaven. I explained to them that in the Bible times, last names weren't used like they are today and so we don't know His last name and/or He didn't have one. I explained that when people needed to expalin who they were they used where they were from or what they did for a living or who they were descended from. They seemed ok with the answers and haven't mentioned it since. So cute the things kids say!

No comments: