Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thanks to Great Friends

I started noticing a sore throat on Friday night. By Saturday night, I was coughing and feeling pretty rough but that was only the beginning! By this morning, after 2 nights of little sleep due to the cough that kept waking me up, I felt like an elephant was standing on my chest, my nose had a clip on it and everytime I swallowed it felt like there were rocks in my throat! So, off to the doctor I went. The diagnosis ... the beginnings of bronchitis! Oh yeah! But this post is about the amazing friends I have!

First, Lisa D who called and asked if she could drive carpool today and tomorrow morning so I wouldn't have to - this despite the fact that she is expecting to lose her sister this week after several MISERABLE months of cancer and its treatment. What an amazing friend! I know I can tell Lisa anything and everything, and for that matter, I have told her many secrets! THANK YOU LISA!! I know I can always count on her to support me, love me and believe in me, no matter what mistakes I make. I love you! You and your family are in my prayers! I know you love Shelley and will miss her! But I hope you don't have to watch her suffer much longer!

Second, Lisa B who called and asked if she could drive carpool today for me too! And her kids don't even get out of school at the same time as mine much less share a carpool. But when I told her Lisa D had already covered it, she offered to bring my family dinner. She teaches piano lessons on Tuesday so she pulled a yummy frozen lasagna out of the freezer and added a loaf of bread and homemade shamrock sugar cookies. And if that wasn't enough, she sent her son to my door at dinner time with a salad. THANKS LISA B! Because of you, my family ate dinner tonight at home instead of having to go out! It really meant the world to me! You are an amazing person and I respect and admire you SOOOOO much! Thanks for being my friend!

Third, Michelle and Roseann - Roseann drove my kindergarten preschool today and then kept Taylor for awhile after school while I was at the doctor. Michelle called just to check in on me and see how I was doing and was just willing to help! Thank you to all my friends who love me so much, even when I'm coughing and feeling like trash! These are the kind of friends who make life worth while! And these are just a few of the amazing friends I have! I love you all!

No comments: