WAHOO! GO COUGARS!!
But I have to commend OU fans. I have been to a lot of away games, bowl games and even basketball championships, and I have NEVER encountered fans that were so respectful and kind. I didn't get cussed out, taunted at, swore out, etc - not by a single OU fan. Some weren't really happy, but they were never rude to us. And they definitely outnumbered us. Many of them even went out of their way to sincerely say good game, congratulations etc. When we got in conversations with them (waiting for and on our shuttle bus), they were very respectful of our team. They didn't try to say they lost because they blew it or because they lost their quarterback. They said we earned it, we played well and we really are a good team. When we went out to dinner after the game, their fans nodded, waved and said hello to us (and we were in our Cougar shirts). Total Class. Most of the fans for teams we have played in the past/play frequently could learn from them! Thanks OU fans for not trying to ruin our victory with bad attitudes! Thanks OU for a good game! And thanks Cougars for winning! :)
4 comments:
Awesome game! Troy and I were there the last time they did this (back in 90 against Miami). It is an amazing feeling. I am glad you got to be there!
Wow! I didn't realize you guys were going. What a FABULOUS game it was and how FUN to be there. It was fun to watch - I can't imagine being there.
Congratulations on a hard-fought win. I had a feeling earlier in the week that BYU might be able to pull it out.
I would say, 'I hope you enjoyed the game,' but that goes without saying. ;)
Justin and I kept saying, "Steve and Donna are so lucky to be there!" while we watched. So cool! Glad they won it for you. Make it worth the trip!
Post a Comment