I'm actually copying this from my friend's blog. But if things continue to be tight for us, I'm going to need the idea to stay sane too. Steve and I have had a date night almost EVERY weekend of our married life. We miss maybe 4 or 5 a year. We've always had a consistent babysitter to rely on and we enjoy our nights out! Hoping to get lots of ideas (that I'll share with my friend too). I know not many people read my blog, but I am requesting ideas from all who do read for cheap/free entertainment for a date night or family activity.
Here are some of her ideas with mine comments too -
1. Go to the park and swing on the swings or play frisbee
2. Game night with friends
3. A stay home date after the kids are in bed - movie and popcorn (we do this A LOT)
4. Go for a walk or bike ride (although the COLD today eliminates this)
5. Sledding (I can say that today because it is snowing in the mountains!!!!)
6. Play catch/soccer in the backyard
7. Go to museums
Got any to add? I'd love any/all ideas.
4 comments:
Wish I had some great or even okay ideas for you. We don't get out often - and that isn't going to change any time too soon (which is okay). Hope you get some good ideas!
One of our favorites is to take a board game to a coffee shop or a book store that has a sitting area (like borders or barnes and nobles) and enjoy an evening playing games and drinking hot chocolate. On weekends a lot of them have live local bands playing. We would love to join you if you ever give it a try!
If you have a GPS - we love Geocaching (check out Geocaching.com). Way too much fun!! Actually great for just the 2 of you or whole family.
Casey and I don't get out very often, so not much help there. But love to go for walks, read books to each other and play board games.
We love to geocache ... we did quite a bit early in the summer but then got a little crazy and didn't do much more. But now its kind of cold ... :) Tromping around in the cold, wet, and even snow ... definitely not a fun winter activity in my book.
Post a Comment