Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Birthday!

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have the most, live the longest!!" - Father Larry Lorenzoni

My birthday was a Sunday this year and I was very anxious all day. The last 3 birthdays I've had have been marked by the loss of a pre-term nephew, a fatal accident to a teenager neighbor and a serious accident to a business partner. One can understand my worry. But Steve wanted to make it a happy day for me, so after church, he took me and the girls for a picnic up at Squaw Peak in Provo. When we got there, it was a bit windy but that proved to be a good thing because there were 4 paragliders waiting to take off. It was fun to watch them take off and fly around above us. I learned a lot about paragliding too. These guys were hoping the winds would carry them up to 17,000 feet and clear to the Point of the Mountain Flight Park! It was a fun treat. Then after our picnic we went for a little hike. When we got home, the kids played out back a bit and then they went with Steve over to visit the Taylors while I talked to my brother on the phone. When I went over to visit, the Taylors, Chilcotes and Hansons surprised me with a yummy chocolate cake and an ice cream grasshopper cake. A fun, happy, safe birthday.
YEAH!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool. I would love to learn to glide.

I am glad you had a happy birthday!

(BTW, those aren't paragliders... those are hang gliders. Paragliders are literally parachutes with no rigid frame.)

Donna said...

Thanks Dave for correcting me - hang gliders - not paragliders. Leave it to my favorite big brother. :)