Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Tweet Tweet, Tweet Tweet!
That's what I have been hearing in my office (its the corner front room on our house)! The birds love to nest in the top corner of our front porch - at the top of the columns under the eaves. They sure make a mess, but our girls love having them there. This was taken a few days after the babies hatched - there were at least 5 of them in the nest. In these pictures, its hard to see them, but if you look at both pictures you can see the differences and then see the birds. :)

About a week after I took these pictures, we discovered the nest on the porch ... we think the cat from across the street finally managed to get up there. He had been stalking the porch for quite awhile and the mother bird had been attacking the cat every time it came into our yard - which really didn't seem to bother the cat. When the girls found the nest, it was a vote against the cat in the girls' eyes, which made me happy since I'm not really a fan of cats in general and especially not ones that like to hang out in my garden, squish my plants and even try to hide in my garage! :) Sorry cat lovers, I'm just not one of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment