Thursday, August 20, 2009

1st Day of School

I've skipped some other posts, but I'll come back to them. I just don't want to miss these special moments!

Well, its that time again! Getting up at 7:00am, off to school, home work, reading ... Part of me is so ready, but part of me is really sad to see the summer end. But the biggest part of me just really doesn't want to get up early every morning!! :) Anyway, I am excited for the girls. For the things they will learn, the friends they will meet, the experiences they will have and mostly for how much they will grow. I love my girls and watching them become better people is really fun for me! Now if I could just learn as much as they do, I'd be doing pretty good too.

So, here they are ... pics from the first day!

Alyssa is so grown up. She didn't want any help from me this morning and she wanted to do everything for Tay. Wake her up, do her hair, get her breakfast, walk her to clas... - that's where I draw the line! Its a mother's right to walk her kids to class on the first day - especially in K and 1st! I also helped with the hair a bit. :)
Love the big Princess Lunch bag ... gotta have something big to fit the Go-gurts, drink and chips for her lunch!


By her classroom door.Putting away her backpack, lunch, folder and giving the teacher the class supplies she took to school today.
Ready to start her day ... ready for mom to leave. So proud of her. She wasn't anxious or anything. A little unsure of the day, but no biting her fingers, no playing with her hair, no tears, not even a request that I stay. Just asked who would pick her up and then she was good to go!

No comments: