Yesterday, I got to go to lunch with a bunch of girlfriends for the August birthdays (Angie's is the 14th, Carol's is the 10th and mine is the 30th). We opted to go this week, before school starts so we'd all have sitters for our little ones.
I always love time out with the ladies in my neighborhood and birthday lunches are no exception! There were 8 of us (can you believe only one person brought her camera and we forgot to even get it out?!). It was Michele, Michelle T, and Michelle W, Laura, Dani and the 3 bday girls (plus Michelle W's twin babies). We went to the Trellis Cafe at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. Its a yummy, soup, salad and sandwich restaurant, kind of an upscale cafe feel, that is open only for lunch. It overlooks the gardens and is great! We also got free desserts for our bdays so we each ordered a different dessert and then we shared them between all of us. YUMMY but I was SOO full afterward! Thanks ladies for lunch, the yummy chocolates, Mike & Ikes and the CHOCOLATE CAKE! And I'm looking forward to my digital scrapbooking stuff and the pedicure (they gave me gift certificates! - yippee!!!).
When I came home, I took my sitter home and my parents came to pick up my girls for an overnighter at their house! So, from 2:30 yesterday until almost 3pm today, I had no kids at my house! It was a nice break. I worked yesterday afternoon for awhile and then scrapbooked. When Steve got home, we had a date night and went out for dinner. Then I scrapbooked on the living room floor while he programmed and we watched tv. So nice! This morning, I got up and scrapbooked and watched TV. I got 10 spreads done (20 pages). And got layouts planned for 3 more! Yippee! I love my kids, but I really enjoy my personal quiet time!
At 3pm, I picked up the girls and we went to "meet the teacher" at the school!! (See post below). All and all, a great day. Thanks mom and dad for taking the girls. Thanks ladies for lunch yesterday and the gifts. Thanks Steve for a date night last night!
My life is good and I feel so blessed and spoiled!
2 comments:
It was so fun. I can't believe I forgot to get my camera out, sorry!
I'm glad you had fun at lunch - it is always fun to get out with the girls. Happy Birthday - a little early!
Post a Comment