Monday, August 3, 2009

Lehi Meets - #4 and #5 of the season

Alyssa has been working really hard all season. I didn't take more pictures at her #4 and #5 meets on the 18th and 25th of July, but both were home and here are her times and ranks!!

July 18th:
  • Freestyle - personal best time of 28.83 - improvement of 1.47 and 12th place in her event!
  • Breaststroke - personal best time of 38.16 - improvement of 1.38 and 3rd place in her event!
  • Backstroke - personal best time of 30.99 - an improvement of 2.39!

July 25th:
  • Freestyle - personal best time of 27.45 - improvement of 1.38 and 9th place in her event!
  • Butterfly - personal best time of 36.01 - improvement of 5.12, first in her heat (8 in each heat)and 2nd place in her event!
  • Breastsroke - personal best time of 37.86 - improvement of 0.3 ... we aren't sure what she placed though because we didn't stay to get her ribbon afterward. But I'm guessing top 5 in her event!
This is HUGE! Last year, Alyssa got personal best ribbons and participation ribbons and 1 or 2 other place ribbons the whole season! She has really worked hard and improved a lot. We're proud of her! There are at least 3, but probably 4 missing that she hasn't received yet and two that I forgot to include. :)
The best news!! Alyssa got SILVER times on all 4 of her strokes (not the IM). That means she qualified for the Silver meet for the last county meet instead of the bronze meet. It was something she was working toward this year. Really proud of her!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You really have caught up! I don't think I have seen that many posts in 2 days! It is wonderful. I need to do some of that someday. Your little one is a great swimmer!