Today was the first of my back to school shopping trips. I have always taken each of the girls by themselves (once they start school). Last year, I took Taylor and every outfit I bought her she wanted me to buy for Jessica too. Then when Jessica was starting preschool, she wanted a few outfits, but I had already bought most of what she needed and she was sad. So, this year, I opted to take the two of them shopping together. Since they wear the same size clothes and still love to match or at least own matching clothes, it works well. I'll still take Alyssa by herself another day.
Anyway, it was a fun outing with Jess and Tay. Taylor chose Rumbi grill for lunch so she could have Mac n Cheese. Jess wasn't thrilled about it, she wanted to play at McD's so she was being grumpy and only wanted the orange fries (sweet potato fries - yummy) and water. Silly girls. While we were at lunch I asked them what kind of clothes they wanted to buy and wear this year. I asked if Taylor was planning to wear some pants and jeans this year and she told me no. Just skirts and dresses with leggings. :) I should have asked Jessica's opinion first because once she heard what big sister had to say, she was 100% in agreement. So, our shopping today was ALL dresses and skirts and leggings. NO PANTS ever touched our cart or for that matter were even touched by us. We went to Old Navy and didn't find a lot in their size that was cute dresses so we got one dress and headed to Target. MUCH BETTER options for them. We found quite a few things that they both loved, even some that they loved that I didn't! We ended up with quite a haul of new skirts, dresses and leggings. We looked at shoes but we weren't sold on any for school shoes. We looked at backpacks, but didn't really like any of them either.
So we headed to WalMart ... and would you believe we walked out the door WITHOUT buying a single thing? They didn't like the backpack options there and we didn't find any shoes we liked either and I managed to NOT spend any money! I was proud of me. Then we went to Payless ... same story. No great school shoes - at least not ones to wear with skirts and dresses. Then we went to Smiths Marketplace ... love that store but wish it wasn't as expensive as it is. Taylor has decided she wants to keep her backpack from last year (score - that's a savings) so we bought her a lunch bag (since she WON'T be eating school lunch) and then finally found a pair of shoes she liked (we actually chose them for Jess and Tay chose them too). Yeah!! DONE for them. I'm actually going to take back 2 skirts and shirts that we bought ... I don't think we really need them but we will need more tights and warmer outfits as winter approaches so I just don't want to waste the money.
All in all, a fun day with my two little ones! Taylor got REALLY giggly today. We went to dinner as a family tonight and she couldn't stop giggling when we got home. I'd say a good 30-45 minutes she giggled. Silly little girl. She CRASHED when it was finally bedtime though. Funny thing is, I remember giggling like that when I was little - especially when my brother and his friends would tease me. They'd get me giggling and all they'd have to do is look at me and I'd giggle more. Watching her all giggly like that made me miss my brother! Can't wait to hang out with him and his family when we go to DisneyWorld in December. (shhhhhhh.... its a surprise for our kids and his - they don't know yet!)
2 comments:
I'm curious to see if your girls have some of the same things as Ella. I bought her several new school outfits at Target. I still can't believe summer is over!
I love back to school shopping! - OK I love shopping in general, but I love the thrill of the deal! Plus it is such fun to bond with my girls when we go. Loved this post!
Post a Comment