Sunday, August 2, 2009

July 4th BBQ and Swimming

After our traditional morning in Provo for July 4th, we came home to take a nap! Then it was time for an afternoon BBQ and swimming with our "framily" (friends that are like family). The Walkers, Gormans, Chilcotes, Bowens, Taylors, Hansons, Webeckes and us. BBQ at Taylors then head next door to the Gormans pool! What good times!

Check out all these girls - 6 of them and all between 4 and 7. :) And this isn't even all of them. Taylor and Jessica are both on the left side of the table. Jason, the grill master!
Enjoying the shade and our yummy burgers, dogs and sides!
Swim time!
I was taking all the pics at first so I wasn't in the pool. Not sure who took this of Laura and I though. I did get in later and even ventured to swim in the deep end some. Little steps ... little steps. I will overcome my fears.

Taylor did NOT want to leave the steps. Things have to be on her terms.
Alyssa loves to swim but always wears her goggles. Kind of cute!
Steve playing with Alyssa and Caitlyn. He had gotten quite a sunburn when we boated the day before so he kept his shirt on to protect his shoulders. Too bad it didn't stop everyone from touching his shoulders too.
Jessica was ready to go!! She was all over the pool with her life jacket and goggles!
Alyssa enjoyed playing with Caitlyn and her cousin. I think Alyssa thought he was cute! Steve took Jessi down the slide. She wasn't sure ... but she's gutsy so she did it. She loved it and did it again later!
Taylor finally ventured off the stairs, realized her life jacket really would help her stay up and then she was all over the place. So glad!
Our family in the water!
After swimming, we all went home, took quick showers, put kids in PJs and went back to Gormans for fireworks.
Sparklers were a big hit! The kids loved them. They loved lighting them and sharing them with each other and I think all the adults brought some so we had A TON of them!
Alyssa thought it was fun to dance with them! It was fun to watch her but when she realized we were watching she stopped.
Jessi just loves everyone! She is so sweet. She just climbs onto anyone's lap and snuggles up. Thanks Lisa B! Just a little R&R time. Kick back and watch the fireworks. Then we ended the night by giving all the kids 2 or 3 otter pops. They couldn't have been happier! I've said it before and I'll say it again ... we are so blessed to have such good friends/neighbors. I'm so grateful my kids have these kind of people to grow up with - friends to play with and other grownups to look up to. I think back to some of the families my family was close to when I was little ... Even though its now been 20 years since I left Lompoc, many of those people are still my good friends and people I truly respect and love. That's what friendships should be!!

No comments: