Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Picnic & July 24th activities

Steve had July 24th off for the state holiday, so we decided to play! We started on Thursday night with a family picnic at a park and some frisbee! Alyssa is getting pretty good and Jessi, surprisingly had a few good throws too! Taylor wanted to play on the swingset and drink her drink most of the time. It was a beautiful evening. We went to a park up in Suncrest at the top of the mountain between us and Draper. It was perfect. We picked up KFC for dinner and then headed up there. Easy, cheap, fun family night. :)




You also have to notice the hair cuts! Jessica and Taylor both have bangs again ... not by my choice or intention. Yep, they go to the scissors AGAIN! Taylor cut her hair and Jessica's for us. Its not cute for Taylor's but Jessica's isn't too bad. Thank goodness for good friends like Dani who cut hair and can help us fix it at the drop of a hat! When will my kids learn to not cut things?? WHEN!? Taylor has also recently cut the bedspread, cut her friend's doll's hair and cut hair on two of Jessica's dolls!! AGH! Nothing seems to matter to her.
On the 24th, the girls had swim lessons and then we went swimming at the Gorman's house again, just our family. It was fun. I didn't take any pictures because I was in the water most of the time. I did a lot more swimming. It was really nice to just hang out with our family and swim. Taylor asked me if I would go down the slide with her so I did! Steve has been bugging me all summer to do it, but I had to feel comfortable. I actually went down twice with her. We had a lot of fun. Thanks Gormans!

No comments: