She placed 7th in butterfly! And 13th in freestyle! SO PROUD OF HER!! Her seed time did not put her in the top 18 for either event, so she really moved up! Way to go Lyss!
After the awards, they were allowed an hour of swimming at the Legacy Center Pool - unfortunately, it was from 9-10 pm and it was only 8:40. So, Laura and I convinced Caitlyn and Alyssa to let us take them to frozen yogurt at our favorite yogurst place (Frozen Yogurt Junction -in AF by the old Smith's on State Street - same parking lot as Chadders) and then they got to swim in Caitlyn's pool until 10pm. It was perfect for them! I watched them swim. It was really fun. They created challenges for themselves - "dunk 10 times, spin 3 times, swim to the other end of the pool and back, then jump off the rocks making a funny face and then slide down the slide and scream before you splash." They also did things like touch the bottom, do handstands, blow bubbles in the water ... It brought back memories of me and a friend playing in a pool - not even sure who it was. But we created synchronized swimming routines. Funny how memories of my childhood come back when I'm watching her live her life. Wish I could figure out who it was I was playing with. May have been Joni, Larissa or Genevieve ... hmmmm... I'll have to facebook two and ask if it was them. Thanks Alyssa for a great swim season and some fun memories! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment