Monday, August 3, 2009

Stewart Falls

Steve and I go on a date night almost every weekend. Its something we've ALWAYS tried to do, thus the reason for having a consistent babysitter who just plans on babysitting every weekend. Its been good for our relationship and our sanity to have that time together. When we don't take advantage of that time to really be together, we struggle more. On July 17th, Steve knew I was having a rough week so he made plans for a fun date night ... hiking with his sister and brother-in-law. I wasn't really excited at first ... just kind of not in date mode yet - sorry Steve, but by the time we got to Sundance I was very ready to go! We rode Ray's Tram to the first stop and then got off to do our hike. The hike from there was 1.5 miles and then from the falls down it was another 1.5 miles. Its a very easy hike though - not a lot of ups or downs. Beautiful hike too!! Here are a few pictures!


The weather was PERFECT for a hike. Cool enough to enjoy it but warm enough we could wear shorts.
Adam, Karen and Steve. Adam is BIG into hiking. He has a great blog that lists LOTS of hikes and gives all kinds of other info. Very helpful if you are thinking of hiking in Utah.
http://www.utahhikinginfo.com/ He's got lots of info on there. And lots of pics too!Karen and I liked this old tree ... we even tried to count how old it was by the number of rings. I think we got to about 145.

This was a stream we had to cross. Its so fun to see GREEN in July in Utah. It is usually dry and brown, but not this year.


When we got closer to the falls we discovered that there are not only several falls but there are also several cracks in the mountain rock that water is just gushing out of. They are hard to see but if you look closely at the pictures, you can see water coming from behind the falls. It was really cool. BEAUTIFUL falls.
Just after we climbed down from this spot, I slipped and bruised my knee pretty badly. It HURT walking down, but it could have been a lot worse.

No comments: