August 9, 1996
This day
I will marry my friend,
the one I laugh with, live for
dream with, love
That is what our wedding announcement said and after 13 years its more true than ever! I laugh with, live for, dream with and love you Steve!! Happy Anniversary Steve! I love you so much! I've said it before on here, but you are AMAZING so I'll say it again. I am so grateful for you in my life!Then:
Now: (or at least last October - I don't have a good posed shot of just him recently)- spontaneity - Steve has always been spontaneous. Me, I'm a planner. I organize, I plan, I make lists. Steve is all about enjoying the moment. Just enjoying the now. It helps me remember to not stress over what is to come and to not miss the little moments in life.
- hard-working - Steve works SOOO hard. He has an amazing work ethic and is very dedicated to the things he commits to. When he says he will do something, you can expect it being done and being done well.
- passionate - Steve is passionate. He loves to enjoy life. He is passionate about his family, his drumming, his BYU Cougars, his yard, his planes, our vacations and his time off among other things. He does things because he loves them and is passionate about them.
- sense of humor - ANYONE who really knows Steve knows his sense of humor. He's a clown. He likes to tease and joke and again, have fun. He makes me laugh and shake my head at his crazy comments.
- playful - Steve loves to have fun. He not only loves to play and do big fun things, he likes life to be fun and light-hearted every day. He plays jokes and teases me. One of my favorite things is this little note card that gets passed back and forth between us. It says "I love you most". I wrote it to him and left it on the bed when I went to Ohio back in May. Since then, we pass it back and forth constantly. We leave it hidden in places that only the other person will find it - sometimes obvious places, like my sink in the bathroom or his pillow. But sometimes they are more thoughtful places, like in the oatmeal can because he knows I eat oatmeal most mornings or in his laptop bag after he's put it away so he finds it at work the next day. Its little playful things that he does like this that make me happy!
- forgiving - Steve doesn't hold grudges. He forgives people and especially me for my short comings and loves me despite my mistakes. He teaches me to forgive others including myself and to accept forgiveness from my Heavenly Father and Savior because of the our Savior's attoning sacrifice for us.
- supportive - Steve supports me and the girls in the things we want to do. He stands behind me in my business, my hobbies, the things I do with the kids (and their school and activities), and he encourages me to take time for me. He helps me be a better mom, friend, wife ... a better individual. I couldn't do anything that I do without his support! And because he is supportive, he challenges me to do more, to learn more, to believe more, to step out on faith and my abilities more! He challenges me to overcome my faults and weaknesses and fears and supports me no matter what!
- smart - Steve is so smart about so many things, not just programming and computers. He gets business, he gets leadership, he gets history and politics. He knows a lot about A LOT of different subjects. I love that he teaches me things.
- growing - Steve constantly wants to grow, both personally and professionally - he likes to know information and learn new things. He doesn't take things for granted. He doesn't want to be naive or sheltered about things. He wants to find out for himself and that causes constant growth. And when he grows, he always manages to teach me a little (or a lot) too!
- loving - Steve cares about people, first and most, me and then our girls, our families and our friends. But he also just cares about people in general. He hates when people are not aware of others and their needs, he hates when people aren't kind. He just has a soft spot and I love that he loves so much and teaches our girls to love others and be kind to others.
- honest - Steve is honest, brutally honest sometimes and I love that. I am grateful he feels comfortable enough with me and with his opinions to be that honest.
- And MOST of all, I love that he is my friend, my best friend. Nothing means more to him than my happiness and the time we spend together and I am so grateful for that!
Recent (November, 2008)I love you MOST, eternally and infinitely!!
Happy 13th Anniversary Steve!
All this because two people, me and you, fell in love!

5 comments:
Thank you. I love you. 13 wonderful years with many, many more to come. You are the most caring, loving, and thoughtful woman I know. I love that you are intelligent, beautiful, caring, and ambitious! You ARE the Love of my Life!
I hope you had a great Anniversary Day and I'm excited for our anniversary trip next month.
Happy anniversary! You guys are a cute couple:)
What a great post! I hope you have a wonderful day together.
I still have your engagement photo. I also keep everyone's. Happy Anniversary!
I knew that it was coming up. Congrats to both of you! You guys look like babies in your engagement photo. It is crazy to me that I have known both of you for so long! Donna, that is such a sweet post that you wrote for your sweetheart. Chris and I love doing things with both of you, you are so much fun and always keep us laughing. Thanks so much for your friendship!
Post a Comment